Take on one of the most challenging miles you'll ever move. The Brute Force Mile consists of a One Mile Burden Carry with Brute Force (Sandbag) Burpees in a 21-15-9 sequence every 1/4 mile. Think you're up for it?
This year Brute Force has partnered with The Glen Doherty Memorial Foundation to support their mission easing the transition from military life and work to that of a civilian by helping fund educational costs for Special Operation individuals and their children. We do this knowing Glen's spirit will continue to touch us all.
Glen Doherty was one of the four Americans killed in a terror attack in Benghazi, Libya on September 12, 2012. Dedicated to his family and his service, Glen's personal mission lives on through the foundation. We are honored to bring this year's BF Mile to you and contribute to our incredible service members and their families.
MORE THAN A MILE... MORE THAN A WORKOUT.
Sign up now and show us what you've got!
This will be a virtual and in-person event hosted at locations across the Country. If you're a member of a local gym, we encourage you to get us connected so that we can spread the word and truly support the Glen Doherty Memorial Foundation.
The event will take place on AUGUST 28, 2020 at 9:00 am MST. Start times may vary based on location so make sure you've checked with your group.
Leaderboards based on Weight Class and Time will be available after registration, so keep an eye out for those emails and let us know how you did.
- First Place in each Class will receive a $100 BF Gift Card
- Second Place in each Class will receive a $75 BF Gift Card
- Third Place in each Class will receive a $50 BF Gift Card
NOTE: Register by August 23rd to ensure you have your BRUTE FORCE MILE swag pack prior to August 28th. Registrations placed after Aug 23rd may receive their items after Aug 28th but will still be eligible for entry in the competition.
MORE ABOUT THE GLEN DOHERTY MEMORIAL FOUNDATION:
Glen Doherty was one of the four Americans killed in a terror attack in Benghazi, Libya on September 12, 2012. This Foundation is our way to honor Glen’s life and his beliefs.
GDMF MISSION: To ease the transition from military life and work to that of a civilian by helping fund educational costs for Special Operation individuals and their children. We do this knowing Glen's spirit will continue to touch us all.
GDMF FOCUS: Our focus is on providing current and former special operations professionals, from all branches of the government, the means necessary to transition and succeed in civilian life. We are also enabling the children and families of these soldiers the ability to mature and grow through recreation. We employ the following tools to achieve our goals:
- Scholarships for current or former Special Operation Professionals used for traditional education
- Scholarships for current or former Special Operations Professionals used for vocational and non-traditional training
- Subsidies and grants for the children of Special Operations Professionals to attend camps that build leadership
- Gifts for the families of Special Operations Professionals and Foreign Service Officers, where a loss or life-changing debilitating injury has been suffered, to be used for recreation as a way of supporting the family unit through positive outdoor activities
THE GDMF CHARITY: We are a 501(c)(3) charity organization dedicated to honoring and preserving the memory of Glen Doherty and all those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in defending our nation in the Global War on Terror.